Privacy and Marks
Blackhawk Engagement Solutions, Inc. Consumer Privacy Notice
||WHAT DOES BLACKHAWK DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and payment history
- account balances and account transactions
- transaction history and purchase history
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.How?All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Blackhawk chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information
||Does Blackhawk share?
||Can you limit this sharing?
|For our everyday business purposes –such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
|For our marketing purposes –to offer our products and services to you
|For joint marketing with other financial institutions
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes –information about your transactions and experiences
||We don’t share
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes –information about your creditworthiness
||We don’t share
|For our affiliates to market to you
||We don’t share
|For nonaffiliates to market to you
||We don’t share
|Who we are
|Who is providing this notice?
||Blackhawk Engagement Solutions, Inc. (“Blackhawk”).
|What we do
|How does Blackhawk protect my personal information?
||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
|How does Blackhawk collect my personal information?
||We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- open an account or provide account information
- give us your contract information or show us your government-issued ID
- use your credit or debit card
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.Why can’t I limit all sharing?Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Blackhawk’s affiliates include companies with a Blackhawk name and others, such as Cardpool, Inc. and CardLab, Inc.
NonaffiliatesCompanies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Blackhawk does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
Joint MarketingA formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Blackhawk may partner with nonaffiliated financial companies to jointly market financial products or services to you.
|Other Important InformationCA residents: Blackhawk will limit sharing with its affiliates to the extent required by California law. Blackhawk will not share your personal information for joint marketing with other financial institutions.
VT residents: If Blackhawk shares your personal information for joint marketing with other financial institutions, it will share only your name, contact information, and information about your transactions.
NV residents: We are providing this notice pursuant to Nevada law.
Blackhawk U.S. Online and Mobile Privacy Practices
Last updated January 2015
- Introduction and Scope of Practices.
- Types of Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”). PII means personally identifiable information, including name, address, telephone, fax or mobile numbers, account numbers, Social Security or other identifying numbers, and the like.
Other Information (“OI”). OI in any information other than PII that does not reveal your identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, or other technologies, demographic information, de‑identified data, and aggregated data.
- How We Collect Personally Identifiable Information Online. We collect PII online when you provide it to us. This can occur when you fill out applications, create accounts, send in forms, take surveys, or fill in various online fields on our Sites.Third parties do not collect PII about you or your activities from your use of our Sites.
- How We Use Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Online
We may use PII we collect online for any lawful purpose, including:
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- through our social media pages and interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this information with information we already have;
- to allow you to use various Site features. Please note that some features require that you provide PII in order to use them (e.g., many of the features at www.paypower.com) whereas other tools do not (e.g., the features in the GoWallet application). You may request that certain information that you enter into our Sites be stored for future access and use. You have the option not to save the information;
- to send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to personalize your experience on the Site by presenting content, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of your account and your PII;
- How We Share Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Online
Please see the Consumer Privacy Notice for information on how we may share PII.
- How We Collect Other Information Online
We and certain third‑party service providers with whom we have agreements may collect OI in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your IP address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version, and internet browser type and version.
- Via Cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on your device. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. Cookies we use do not contain or capture PII.
- We use so‑called “session cookies” to allow us to remember any items or data selection you make from page to page on our Sites. Session cookies are temporary and are erased when you close your browser.
- We use so‑called “persistent cookies” to remember details you have requested we store (for example, if you want us to remember your Username on one of our Sites). Persistent cookies remain on your device until you erase them or they expire.
- You can refuse to accept cookies. Most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you elect not to accept cookies, your use of the features on our Sites may be limited or impaired, and you may not be able to access certain features of our Sites at all.
- Via pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other technologies (“Tags”): We may use Tags in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML‑formatted e‑mail messages. We may also permit our third‑party service providers to use Tags. to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, compile statistics about usage and response rates, and to assist us in resolving questions regarding use of our Site. Tags we or other third‑party service providers use do not contain or capture PII.
- How We Use Other Information We Collect Online.
We may use OI we collect online for a variety of purposes, including:
- to facilitate navigation on a Site, display information more effectively, personalize/customize your experience while visiting a Site, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services.
- to make sure Sites function properly, improve the design and functionality of our Sites, understand how consumers use our Sites, and monitor responses to our advertisements and content.
- measure the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage and response rates.
- assist us in resolving questions from consumers.
- for security purposes.
- How We Share Other Information We Collect Online
We may share OI with third‑party service providers with whom we work. As discussed in paragraph 6 above, we also may authorize third‑party service providers to collect OI (not Personally Identifiable Information) about your use of our Sites.
- “Do Not Track” Preferences
Many browsers provide you an option to request that a web application disable either its tracking and/or cross‑site user tracking of an individual user. We do not track your online activities across different Sites, and we only track your activity within a Site to the extent you log into your account. Our third‑party service providers do not obtain PII from your use of our Sites.Therefore, our practices remain the same whether or not you enable the “Do Not Track” feature.
- Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
Our Sites are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals do not provide PII through our Sites. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent.
- Updates to these Practices
These U.S. Online and Mobile Privacy Practices are subject to change. Please review them from time to time. If we make changes to these Practices, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of the Practices. Any changes to these Practices will become effective when we post the revised Practices on our Sites. Your use of a Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Practices.
Patents, Trade Marks and Service Marks
Preferences® Card, Celebrate® Card, Persona® Card and DirectSpend® are registered marks of Blackhawk Network, Inc. and are covered by patent www.blackhawknetwork.com/patent.
American Express® Business Gift Cards and Cheques are registered marks of American Express.